Piece # 1
Title: Bite The Bullet
Medium: tempera paint and pencil on cardboard
Description: This piece was done before I had even really decided on what to focus on in my portfolio. As such, it is the only portrait of an actual person in my portfolio this year. It is a self portrait that I painted with reference from a photograph. In the original photo, I was actually holding a pencil in my mouth as a placeholder for the gun. The gun model is a fictional amalgamation of 19th century French revolvers. The ornamental designs on the gun are meant to look like the biological process of Mitosis, notably the "X" shapes meant to look like chromosomes on the barrel pin of the gun, and the line going along the barrel of the gun meant to represent a spindle fiber pulling apart a chromosome.

No comments:
Post a Comment