Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mr. Kamikaze/Mr. D.N.A.


Piece #6

Title: Mr. Kamikaze/Mr. D.N.A.

Medium: stamp ink, laser etched stencil, a mysterious green enamel that I don't really understand, pen, marker, gel pen, and chalk marker on chipboard

Description: This piece is all about development. It's the culmination of two separate art experiments. The first experiment was about lasers. I wanted to find a practical way to link people to my main art blog, and so I figured that making a stamp of the QR code for my site would allow to link people to my website on any material! Over the course of three weeks, I experimented with the school's laser engraver, trying to find the perfect combination of stamp material and laser settings to make a stamp. A lot of the obscured QR codes on there are from failed attempts! The big, red stamp, of course, leads to my main blog. The second experiment in this piece was the figure to the right. I initially designed him without color, and then over the same three weeks I worked with the lasers, I researched and experimented with color until I found the perfect scheme for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment