Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Capstone Post 3

Art is the window into the soul. I feel I am a different person than I was at the start of the year, and I feel I changed for the better. But at the same time, I can't help but wonder if I didn't lose some important parts of me along the way. Each of my pieces very delicately captures my mindset during their respective creations, and each mindset is a mindset unique to that short period of time. I wish I could go back and recapture each one of those mindsets, and luckily, those pieces serve as a photograph of my mind at each point in time. I feel my portfolio revealed my capricious character, an indecisiveness governed by fear. I suppose, if art is the window to the soul, then I need to gather my courage and open that window further. I know it might seem negative to say that the ultimate lesson I learned from my capstone is the presence of a bad character trait in myself, but I see it as the best possible thing I could have learned about myself. If I can understand where my negative qualities are in my personality, I can better understand how to improve myself.

I feel that my capstone was definitely a meaningful experience for me. I was able to explore a concept in detail using art, and by learning about my art, I learned more about myself.

I gained, as mentioned earlier, huge amounts of technical skill. Basically, the actual tangible skills behind the creation of art.

If I were to do this over again, I would have made an even tighter focus for my series of pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment